St Mary's School - A Brief History
On May 8th, 1905 St Mary's School, West Street, Warwick opened for its first day. The Headmistress, Miss Cecilia McDonnell (1905 - 1916), wrote in the school log book: "The school was opened this morning. 66 children presented themselves and were admitted. A temporary timetable will be followed for the present, until the remainder of the books ordered are delivered".